The website of the International Haplotype Map Project has a number
of new features and datasets which have been released today.
New Features at hapmap.org:
- When browsing data from release 21, there is now a new "region"
view. This is intermediate between the detailed view, and the
chromosomal overview. The region view displays 200kb, giving a
broader overview of the chromosomal region while greater details can
still be seen concurrently in the detailed view.
- There are new tracks in the browser which display expected LD
values (r^2) within windows along the chromosome
- Recombination rates and hotspots data are now available for release
- There is a new plugin which downloads phased genotypes for the
region being browsed. Under the configuration options, one can chose
the panel to download, as well as additional options filtering the
SNPs. To download, select "Download Phased Haplotype Data" under
"Reports & Analysis".
- The raw data (CEL files) from the Affymetrix GeneChip 500k Mapping
Arrays on the HapMap samples are available for download.
- Genotypes inferred using the method of Burdick et al. (Nat Genet
38:1002-4). Starting with the genotype of 60 CEPH individuals, the
methodology infers the genotypes for 78 CEPH children in the same
Albert Vernon Smith
HapMap Data Coordination Center